Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of your home is definitely a huge task. Aside from doing the household chores, you also have to ensure that your home is safe from intruders that might cause damage your house and your family’s health. This does not just mean installing a security system to protect your loved ones from burglars; this also entails availing services for termite control and cockroach control in the Philippines to prevent dangerous insects from harming your family and home.
More than that, this means preventing these harmful insects, especially termites, from invading your place in the first place. If you want to keep termites away from your family and home, take note of the following:
Prevention is Key
When it comes to termite control, prevention is key. Here are some of the ways to prevent the silent destroyers from intruding on your property:
- Do the walls and other woody surfaces in your home have cracks? Seal these holes to prevent termites from entering your home through these gaps.
- Clean your house’s downspouts and gutters regularly to avoid accumulation of moisture because pests, such as termites, are attracted to warm and moist environments.
- As much as possible, refrain from buying wooden furniture since termites feed on wooden items.
- If you are building a new home, use non-cellulose material as much as possible. Why? Because termites are not attracted solely on wooden things, they also feed on items that are made of cellulose materials.
- Schedule a termite inspection at least once every year. Professional termite control service providers are experts in detecting termite infestation. In case you missed the signs or you failed to prevent insects from encroaching on your property, the pest control company can notify you immediately so that you can start considering how to eliminate them best.
Reliable Termite Remedies
If you can’t really prevent termite infestation, worry not! There are plenty of reliable termite remedies that will help you fight infestation before it worsens. Here are some of the ways to eliminate the silent destroyers:
- Create a Natural Barrier. Dig a trench around your home and spray some termiticide on it. This will not just prevent termites from entering your home, it will also eliminate those that are tunneling their way inside your house. This method of eliminating termites is often used on newly built houses, like those available on housereal.
- Use Termite Bait. Termite baits are composed of cellulose materials that contain poison for termites. Place several of them around your house. As much as possible, make sure that they are 10 to 12 feet apart, but if there is a large infestation in a particular area, then place additional baits. This will not just kill the termites which were directly exposed to the baits but the whole colony as well.
- Expose Them to Nematodes. What are nematodes? They are roundworms that are harmful to termites. Release some of them in areas where termite activity is abundant. For better results, use Steinernema carpocapsae – a type of roundworm that is efficient in eliminating termites. However, it is important to note that this particular method is not very effective.
- Call a Termite Control Company. For one reason or another, DIY termite control methods sometimes fail. If you really want to eradicate the termite infestation in your home, your best option is calling a professional for help. Experts know how to totally eliminate this pest as efficiently and safely as possible. This will help remove the termites in your property easily while preventing accidents that DIY methods might cause.
Remember that, as a stay-at-home mom or dad, you are not just in charge of doing the household chores. You also have to prevent harmful insects from entering your home. After all, they can cause numerous diseases and wreak havoc in your property as well.